Links for Further Exploration
Two acronyms for mindfulness practice:
- P.O.I.N.T. (Pause, Open, Inquire, Non-identify, Truth) gets to the essence of the mindfulness teachings of Thich Nhat Hanh.
- S.A.F.E. (Soften, Allow/Accept, Feel into it with kindness, Expand awareness and wishes to all people) is an acronym promoted by Dr. Elisha Goldstein, co-founder of The Center for Mindful Living in West Los Angeles. It integrates the ability to inquire a bit deeper into the vulnerability that is there and expands a wiser, more secure awareness of our common humanity.
- From Vietnamese Bhuddist master Thich Nhat Hanh‘s teachings:
Five mindfulness trainings
- Thich Nhat Hanh‘s Plum Village app:
- Guided Meditations with Tara Brach:
- Interpersonal processes and emotion from Dr. Alan Fruzzetti:
Levels of validation
- Radical Acceptance (pain in life is inevitable; suffering is a choice):